A responsible individual, who possesses knowledge about substance abuse and mental health under professional supervision, is capable of directing and motivating clients toward abstinence and sobriety through specific avenues of treatment. This individual supervises client self-administration of medication following all regulatory requirements. Performs treatment planning related tasks including coordinating appointments and placements for all clients.
- Supervises client self-administration of medication following all regulatory requirements.
- Performs treatment planning related tasks including coordinating appointments and placements for all clients.
- Coordinates the link between clients and community providers.
- Prepares consultation reports for all appointments, Urgent Care, and Emergency Department.
- Effectively responds to and takes a lead in all medical emergencies on the unit.
- Documents in the clinical record according to requirements of the regulatory agencies.
- Ensures that the medication room is clean and organized at all times.
- Ensures that all medications are appropriately stored, labeled, and documented in the client Medication Administration Record.
- Responsible for the unit Infection Control Reports.
- Responsible for coordinating all client medication needs, including obtaining prescriptions, refills, and discontinuing medications.
- Substance abuse screening with the appropriate follow up discipline.
- May be required to transport clients in personal or Agency vehicle
- All other duties as assigned.
- This part time position is for weekends.
Knowledge of principles and procedures; knowledge of and ability to apply quality standards, procedures and protocols; knowledge of social, cultural, economic, medical, psychological and legal issues which influence attitudes and behaviors of patients and families; knowledge of and ability to apply clinical therapeutic models of client care with emphasis on interdisciplinary team approach; ability to work in a cooperative and collaborative manner as a team member with agency associates as well as external teams and family members; strong interpersonal skills and oral, written and computer communication skills; ability to learn specialized client care applicable to work assignment; ability to listen and provide empathetic assistance to clients and families in meeting their needs and carrying out prescribed treatments; ability to develop therapeutic relationships with clients, and their caregivers; ability to respond to emergencies; ability to respond to and seek supervision; ability to analyze and evaluate proper care and treatment.
Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant, will consider experience in combination with working toward a degree.
How to Apply