|Title:||Care Coordinator Assistant|
|Status:||Full Time, Non-Exempt|
Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking a Care Coordinator Assistant for our Adult Medicine Department. The incumbent’s primary responsibility is to consistently provide patient-centered administrative support to our Nurse Care Coordinator Supervisor in patient care coordination processes. Different tasks included in the nursing assistant role are related to home care orders, prior authorizations, scheduling hospital discharge follow up appointments and developing and implementing Population Health Management Initiatives. Position reports directly to the Adult Medicine Nurse Care Coordinator Supervisor. This multi-disciplinary work will be in alignment with Community Health Services’ Organizational Core Values and the Patient Centered Medical Home approach to care.
Key competencies required:
|Ø Integrity – Must be trustworthy and principled when faced with complex situations
Ø Ability to build positive work relationships – Mutual trust and respect will be essential to the collaborative relationships required
Ø Communication – Ability to generate concise, compelling, objective and data-driven reports
Ø Teamwork – Working well with others is required in the organizations collaborative environment
Ø Coping/Flexibility: Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and mature problem-solving approach is required.
Ø Empathy/Customer Service: Customer-focused behavior; helping approach, including listening skills, patience, respect, and empathy for another’s position.
Ø Diversity – Must be capable of working in a culturally diverse environment.
Ø Continuous Learning – Must be open to learning and skill development. As organizational needs evolve, must be proactive about developing new areas of expertise.
Ø In accordance with our organization’s Mission, Vision and Core Values
|Required Knowledge, skills and experience
|· High School Diploma or GED
· Two years full-time administrative support experience
· Proficient knowledge of computer software programs and ability to create presentations, graphs and databases using Microsoft Office
· Detail oriented with excellent typing and computer skills
|Preferred knowledge/experience required beyond minimum qualifications:||· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
· Associates Degree preferred or 2 years minimum related work experience in a health care facility may be substituted
· Knowledge of home care orders processes.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Superior communication and leadership skills with the ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with clinical and administrative staff, patients, external partners and stakeholders
- Works collaboratively with Adult Medicine Referral Coordinators, Windsor staff and internal resources to ensure proper care coordination
- Provides support for Nurse line including but not limited to:
- Professionally handles high volume of incoming calls for the Adult Medicine Nurse line to provide patient-focused service: screen and respond in a timely manner
- Immediately notifies appropriate staff/Providers for emergent calls from hospitals and/or facilities
- Manage the distribution of incoming voicemails to the Nurse line
- Good judgment, initiative and a pro-active style in identifying the needs of customers while appropriately collaborating with internal resources
- Assisting with and tracking Prior Authorizations, Transportation Forms, Homecare Orders and any additional patient forms that may require follow up
- Utilize various resources to review admissions and discharge summaries, Home Care orders/agencies while being a liaison with Reception staff to streamline the process for scheduling these appointments
- Assist in the process improvement project addressing our collaboration with Home Care agencies: documentation and tracking of submitted requests, timely completion of orders, patient care delays and/or any correspondences
- Extract Population Health Management data to drive performance and support Quality Improvement Initiatives for our Patient Center Medical Home approach to care
- Assist patients with pre-visit planning for follow ups, upon discharge from a facility (bringing medications, discharge plans, paperwork, insurance etc.)
- EHR (electronic health record) knowledge preferred: NextGen
- A resourceful, mature problem-solving attitude
- Ability to multitask and professionally handle fast paced, high volume atmosphere
- Performs other duties as assigned
Must have the ability to:
· Write and communicate effectively
· Work well independently and as part of a team
· Work collaboratively across departments to understand and meet the organization’s analytic needs
· Be open to pursuing additional training/education as required to meet emerging requirements
· Manage and prioritize workload while meeting deliverables and expectations
· Generate a quality work product, presentable for content and audience, in a timely manner while maintaining strong attention to detail
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sitting for long periods of time. Occasional bending, stretching or lifting. May require contact with individuals with communicable diseases and/or blood borne pathogens. Requires the ability to work under high stress conditions for long periods of time. Ability to hear a normal range voice. Ability to prepare written reports and use telephone equipment.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Potential exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions in a health center environment.
Community Health Services is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
How to Apply
Community Health Services