InterCommunity, Inc. is a growing, progressive, non-profit community health center with almost 40 years of experience in the community. We’ve been the grateful recipient over the past several years of numerous local and national awards for the innovative services we provide, and we were recently named a Hartford Courant/Fox CT Top Small Workplace Award winner for the SEVENTH consecutive year!
We are currently recruiting a full-time (40 hour/week), bilingual (English/Spanish) CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE to be primarily responsible for fielding all phone traffic and attending to client needs, including providing appropriate verbal assistance over the phone to our patients and clients within our Primary Care and Behavioral Health divisions.
To be considered for this position, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 2+ years of very strong related experience
- Excellent phone skills, including superior listening skills
- Ability to analyze customer problems properly and provide logical solutions
- Ability to document phone calls appropriately
- Ability to interpret and navigate Electronic Medical Records to include scheduling appointments, looking up basic information and relaying information to outside agencies and other customers including our patients
- Strong, current computer skills, including electronic medical record experience and working knowledge of MicroSoft Office, Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal, oral communication, customer service and typing skills
- Ability to multitask and problem-solve
- Ability to provide client-centered service
- Ability to be proactive and operate well under pressure
- Ability to understand basic customer information
- Ability to handle diverse people and cope with difficult customer situations
- Ability to use resources effectively
Strong candidates should also possess:
- An adaptive/flexible work style
- A commitment to personal growth and development as well as to organizational growth
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- A belief that every individual in need deserves quality service and an opportunity for recovery
InterCommunity, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salaries, generous employee benefit packages and flexible schedules. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply