InterCommunity, Inc. is a growing, progressive, non-profit community health center with over 40 years of experience in the community. We’ve been the grateful recipient over the past several years of numerous local and national awards for the innovative services we provide, and have just been named a Hartford Courant/Fox CT Top Small Workplace Award winner for the EIGHTH consecutive year!
We are currently recruiting a full-time Peer Support Specialist who works with people in recovery, members of the CST and other internal and external providers to promote, support and teach people in recovery the skills needed to better function in the community, thus improving their quality of life.
The Peer Support Specialist hold a certificate from Recovery University and provides skill building, engagement, care coordination as part of the Community Support Team. These services are community based and involve being in client’s homes and other community-based locations including various inpatient settings.
- Completed continuing education credits to maintain Recovery Support Specialist Certificate annually
- Assist in providing each client access to necessary clinical, medical, social, educational, rehabilitative, vocational and/or other services. Provide linkages with various community resources.
- Willing to share knowledge and lived experience as a person in recovery.
- Collaborate with the clinical team and their clients to identify required services by assessing the overall needs of each client.
- Support client recovery by joining OP clinicians, Primary Care and participating in individual treatment sessions as necessary.
- Knowledge and ability to complete Wellness Management and Recovery interventions (WRAP, Peer Counselor Trainings).
- Completes all required documentation related to treatment in accordance with established procedures including but limited to court letters, gathering medical records, copying, faxing, scanning, collateral contact and appointment scheduling.
- Proficient knowledge with computer and technology skills (EMR System, Typing, Emailing, use of Smart Phone & Microsoft office).
- Engage clients and support ongoing attendance by completing all tracking documents and reports to support engagement
- Provide assistance during the assessment of individuals in crisis and intoxicated clients by helping to determine the need for crisis involvement or detox and facilitate the admission to detox facility.
- Provides education, support and consultation to individual’s families and their support system which is directed exclusively to the well being and benefit of the individual, if needed.
- Performs related duties as required including transportation of clients. Must have a reliable and insured vehicle
*All agency staff are required to attend all mandatory department/agency meetings and trainings*
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
A bachelor’s degree or an associate degree in health or behavioral health or Recovery Support Specialist training through Advocacy Unlimited. Equivalent experience in a community health center or behavioral health setting may be considered. Experience working in a setting attending to the needs of those in recovery from mental illness and substance use/addiction.
How to Apply