APRN – School Based
School-Based Health Center Position- UCFS is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide health care to students in the Norwich area. The position is 35 hours per week, follows the 10-month school calendar.
The successful candidate will provide age-specific care, rendering a comprehensive range of services to adolescent students including health promotion and health maintenance. The Nurse Practitioner will follow accepted and standard protocols of practice using a high-level of expertise and independence and appropriately prescribe and administer medications. The practitioner will also consult with and work with members of an interdisciplinary team, along with community representatives, in establishing criteria to monitor the standards of care. Evaluating the quality and overall effectiveness of the services provided are additional critical components of the position.
. Highly Desired Skills
- 1 – 3 years of family-oriented clinical experience is required. Management and/or program development expertise is a plus.
- A current APRN license from the State of Connecticut and BLS certification are required
Salary is dependent on experience
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with 8.5% employer contribution
- NHSC Loan Repayment Program
- Paid time off based school calendar
- Company-paid Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- 10 minutes away from Mohegan and Foxwoods Casino
UCFS an established and highly respected Health & Human Services organization in Eastern Connecticut has been a cornerstone in the community since 1877, providing an array of Health & Human Services. Our team of 300+ employees is dedicated to improving the health & well-being of the community in which we live and serve. Learn more about us at www.ucfs.org.
How to Apply
United Community and Family Services