The Adult Nurse Practitioner (APRN) functions as a member of a medical team and applies to the treatment of patient’s the medical and related skills acquired through the training and/or experience required for this position. S/he may provide services within one or more Wheeler Clinic programs, and the relative concentration between and within programs may change with the needs of the Clinic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
Registered Nursing degree and a relevant Master’s degree plus 2 years relevant work experience is required. Certified as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse as appropriate for the population (adult) served by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurses Credentialing Center is also required.
Licensed Registered Nurse and Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut. Active DEA controlled substance registration and an active Connecticut controlled substance registration. Certified in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professionals.
New Britain, CT
Wheeler provides equitable access to innovative care that improves health, recovery and growth at all stages of life.
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of up to $500 per year
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on Verizon Wireless services
How to Apply