Responsible for providing administrative support for the appropriate department. Performs all secretarial and office managerial functions. Coordinates the day-to-day office operations for the department including scheduling, secretarial duties, billing and recording and calculating time sheets, as applicable. Must be able to handle on-going multiple office tasks for the various disciplines such as answering telephones, the maintenance of office equipment, scheduling meetings and minute taking.
CS-HHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all CS-HHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents CS-HHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and CS-HHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing all secretarial and office managerial functions required by the Director in order to ensure smooth managerial/business operations
- Arranges and schedules meetings and appointments for the department and compiles and coordinates data as required
- Responsible for answering calls and inquiries relative to department functions. Responds accordingly and/or relays accurate messages
- Responsible for recording and calculating timesheets for the appropriate department, if applicable
- Responsible for scheduling job interviews and preparing paperwork for potential candidates
- Responsible for collection and distribution of mail within the department as appropriate
- Types correspondence such as memos, letters, reports, forms, original manuscripts, dictation and minutes of meetings, etc.
- Greets and assists staff and visitors. Maintains a respectable and professional attitude with co-workers, supervisors and patients at all times
- Prepares agenda and minutes of meetings as required by the department manager
- Oversees the maintenance and stock of general office supplies
- Responsible for making travel arrangements for staff as requested
- Responsible for the maintenance of billing and credentialing data, if applicable
- Coordinates and prepares third party billing and management of provider/facility credentialing with third party payors, if applicable
- Assists departments in formatting, creating and/or editing the following as needed: forms for clinical administrative use, hand written protocols, announcements, and schedules (applicable to IM only)
- Maintains up-to-date files on providers, required practicing licenses, use of CME days and monetary allowances, CV’s and other pertinent files for medical clinical staff (applicable to IM only)
- Maintains credentials, CME and expense files for all LIP staff. Works with HR to collect up to date licenses, CME, CVs and other pertinent files for medical clinical staff (applicable to IM only)
- Responsible for coordinating in-house CPR training program. Oversees enrollment and coordination of the training with the outside CPR Provider (applicable to IM only)
- Attends meetings as assigned by the Director
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma/GED required. Business School graduate preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years related experience working in a medical/healthcare facility or business setting preferred.
How to Apply
Cornell Scott – Hill Health Center