Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our billing department located in Bridgeport, CT. In this role the Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for performing all tasks related to the billing, cash posting, follow-up and collections functions for Optimus Healthcare.
About this position:
- Research all information needed to complete billing processing including correction of pre billing errors to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Review of claim batches, making appropriate corrections for claims to be accepted by clearing house.
- Post any corrections to charges to ensure integrity of account information.
- Analyze billing reports to ensure proper billing procedures are followed based on federal and state rules and regulations.
- File all claims on a daily basis ( electronic claims and hard copy)
- Run pre-billing and correct all errors at time of billing.
- Post all cash payments received on a daily basis.
- Research and resolve all collection related activities, including working through accounts receivables to maximize reimbursement.
- Function as a liaison between patients and clinic staff on claims, billing questions or insurance related issues.
- Respond to inquiries from agencies, insurance companies to assist in claim payment processing.
- Act as a resource to Physicians, Administrators and patients regarding health insurance claim policies, procedures and requirements.
- Research, trouble-shoot Accounts receivable reports and rejections, process appeals where appropriate, and make recommendation for write offs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma. Certified in medical coding (CPT4 and ICD9/ICD10), Medical Billing and Procedures.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a medical office environment. Experience with Windows applications, proficient use of computer, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Strong communication, verbal and written and interpersonal skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems with limited assistance. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Professional positive attitude, vision, understanding of customer service principals, trustworthiness, and excellent interpersonal skills to successfully accomplish tasks necessary to meet high standards of ethical and social responsibility required by this position.
Working for Optimus:
- Optimus Healthcare provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- We offer excellent employer paid benefits, competitive compensation in a 100% Outpatient Setting.
- Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered multi-specialty medical home.
- We are close to the coast and close to New York City
- Optimus Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care