InterCommunity, Inc. is a growing, progressive, non-profit community health center with almost 40 years of experience in the community. We’ve been the grateful recipient over the past several years of numerous local and national awards for the innovative services we provide, and we were recently named a Hartford Courant/Fox CT Top Small Workplace Award winner for the SEVENTH consecutive year!
We are currently recruiting a full-time (40 hour/week) SUPPORTIVE HOUSING / COMMUNITY SUPPORT SPECIALIST who will work with our clients to promote and support recovery and teach people in recovery the skills needed to better function in the community.
- Assist in providing each client access to necessary clinical, medical, social, educational, rehabilitative vocational and/or other services
- Participate in the development and implementation of an individual’s treatment plan
- Provide assistance and support for the individual in crisis situations
- Provide education, support and consultation to individual’s families and their support system
- Provide linkages with various community resources
- Provide assistance in identifying, with the individual, risk factors related to psychiatric and/or substance abuse disorder relapse and strategies to prevent relapse
- Participate in admission and discharge planning activities
- Complete all required documentation related to treatment
- May transport clients to and from appointments
To be considered for this position, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a Human Services field
- Knowledge of psychiatric rehabilitation and/or case management principles
- Knowledge of community resources available to individuals and families
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong, current computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Strong candidates should also possess:
- 2+ years experience working with persons living with serious and persistent mental illness
- The ability to provide client-centered services
- Knowledge of Recovery Oriented Behavioral Health in Connecticut
- A belief that every individual in need deserves quality service and an opportunity for recovery
- An adaptive/flexible work style
- A commitment to professional growth and development as well as to organizational growth.
InterCommunity, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salaries, generous employee benefit packages and flexible schedules. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply