The State of Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) is seeking a results oriented leader to join us as Director of Medicaid, Medical Operations and Health Services (Social Services Director Of Medical Care Administration) to lead all aspects of the Medicaid program.
We deliver and fund a wide range of programs and services as Connecticut’s multi-faceted health and human services agency. DSS serves about 1 million residents of all ages in all 169 Connecticut cities and towns. We support the basic needs of children, families, older and other adults, including persons with disabilities. Services are delivered through 12 field offices, central administration, online and phone access options. Follow us on twitter@ctdss and see what we are all about!
The Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Division of Health Services. You will provide oversight of administration, policy, regulations and operation of the Medical Assistance Programs including pharmacy, Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (Husky B), and Money Follows the Person Program. Coordinating Husky Health’s portfolio of services to include medical, behavioral health, dental and non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) to over 800,000 recipients. Leading a staff of approximately 160.
As Director, you will interact with the Office of the Governor, Office of Policy and Management, federal government, Medicaid Administration and Policy Oversight Committee as well as being a senior advisor to the Commissioner on all health related matters.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday position, located at DSS Central Office in Hartford, CT. We offer a competitive benefits package; excellent health care; generous leave policies; a retirement plan; a deferred compensation program; and more.
Why Our State
We are passionate about helping advance Connecticut into the future. Every single day is an opportunity to positively impact the lives of Connecticut citizens. Our employees:
- Serve the public through meaningful work
- Seek limitless opportunities to grow
- Enjoy a work/life balance
- Are interested in diversity and fresh perspectives
There are so many things to love about living, working, and playing in our state including these Key Facts and Figures:
- #3 in the U.S. for employees with advanced degrees
- #4 in private R&D investments
- #5 in the country for quality of K-12 education
- #5 for quality of life in the U.S.
- 2,000 miles of hiking/bike paths
- 332 miles of scenic coastline
- 20 world-class art museums
- Five Tony-Award winning regional theatres
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Note: Administrative capacity must have included personnel management responsibility for a large agency division with programmatic budget responsibility of at least $1,000,000.
- Experience overseeing a state Medicaid program
- Experience leading a large, diverse staff
- Experience providing analysis and/or statutory interpretation on issues related to health care and health care policy
- Experience representing an organization and conveying complex information in clear and concise terms to a range of internal and external audiences
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience presenting before legislative committees
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
How to Apply