- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Advancing Patient Safety Beyond the Hospital
March 13, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Patients deserve safe care in and across every setting. As part of Patient Safety Awareness Week, this free Webcast will call attention to the safety issues beyond the walls of the hospitals.
While patient safety improvement efforts have historically focused on inpatient settings, less work has been directed toward ambulatory care settings, even though most care is provided in these settings. In the US roughly one billion ambulatory visits occur annually, compared to 35 million hospital admissions. Research shows that serious safety risks are present in ambulatory settings.
As health care consolidation continues and organizations move to a greater focus on system-based care and increasingly complex care is being provided outside of hospitals and in patients’ homes, now is the time to consider how to advance patient safety in ambulatory settings and across the entire care continuum.
This free Webcast will cover:
- The state of ambulatory patient safety in the US
- The infrastructure needed to advance patient safety in these settings
- The importance of optimizing foundational factors such as patient safety culture, teamwork among clinicians, and patient and family engagement for the success of improvement efforts
What you’ll learn:
By the end of this Webcast you’ll be able to:
- Describe the current state of patient safety in ambulatory settings
- Describe structures and interventions that can be adopted in ambulatory settings to improve patient safety
- Summarize five resources that help clinicians, patients, and families mitigate threats and improve patient safety in the ambulatory setting
This Webcast has been approved for 1 Continuing Education Credits for physicians, nurses, CPPS, health care executives, and quality professionals.