- This event has passed.
Wage and Hour Basics and Compliance for Employers
May 23, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 10:30 am$25
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
(Seminar will begin promptly at 8:00AM,
check-in and Breakfast begins at 7:30AM)
Connecticut Department of Labor
200 Folly Brook Blvd – Wethersfield, CT
Knowing the Basics to Keep Your Business Running Smoothly: An Employer Seminar Offering Wage and Hour Guidance.
Matthew Ferri, a wage enforcement agent for the Wage and Workplace Standards Division of the Connecticut Department of Labor will provide participants with a working knowledge of the key provisions and most problematic issues under the wage and hour laws, and address compliance concerns such as:
- Determining who is exempt and non-exempt .
- Counting hours for overtime and keeping records .
- Avoiding problems with automated time systems
- Understanding the difference between an employee and an independent contractor
- Responding to an employee and/or Department of Labor complaint
Participants are encouraged to bring real or hypothetical questions about regulatory interpretation to the session for an open discussion.
The seminar will start with check-in and a breakfast at 7:30 a.m. followed by the workshop, which will begin promptly at 8 a.m. The seminar will conclude at approximately 10:30 a.m.
Registration is required for the seminar