- This event has passed.
Investing in Community Partnerships to Address Chronic Disease
August 7, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Do you work in chronic disease prevention or treatment or in a community agency that provides services to underserved populations? Then please join us at noon on Tuesday, August 7 to learn about the Prevention Services Initiative model, an innovative program being piloted in Connecticut to integrate community and clinical approaches for more effective prevention and management of two chronic diseases: diabetes and asthma.
- Describe the “prevention problem”
- Define the Prevention Service Initiative (PSI)
- Recognize effective community and clinical integration models
- Explain the rationale behind the PSI model
- Discuss how aspects of the PSI model might be implemented in non-PSI pilot communities
Mehul Dalal, MD, Chronic Disease Director, Connecticut Department of Public Health
Faina Dookh, Project Manager, State Innovation Model Program
Joshua Rubin, Health Management Associates
Douglas Olson, MD, Vice President of Clinical Affairs, Fair Haven Community Health Care