- This event has passed.
Cyber Threats: What Every Employer Needs to Know
January 25, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am$25
Knowing how to adequately protect your business from cyber threats can be daunting if you do not know the “enemy”. You may think that protecting your business involves expensive tools and systems; however, there are a handful of steps that you can inexpensively implement to hopefully avoid or quickly respond to an incident.
Bryan Cassidy, Vice President & Information Security Officer, at Farmington Bank will discuss the “dark web” ecosystem, current cyber threats (i.e., wire fraud, ransom ware, etc.), activities to help fortify cyber resiliency, incident response planning, and more.
The workshop will focus on the following:
– overview of the “dark web” marketplaces and selling of personal information
– overview of wire fraud conducted via email compromise / email spoofing
– actionable controls to implement for personal/business email access, logging into networks remotely, patching, etc.
– guidelines on developing an effective incident response plan.
Mr. Cassidy’s Credentials:
– Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
– Certified Fraud Examiner (CISA)
– Certified Information Systems Auditor (CFE)
UCONN Health Cell and Genome Sciences Building – Grossman Auditorium
400 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06032
Seminar will begin promptly at 8:00am, check-in and breakfast begins at 7:30 a.m.