We know that eating a healthy diet helps people be their best at home, work and school.  We also know that not everyone in Connecticut has the same opportunity to put healthy food on the table.  The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP; formerly known as Food Stamps) allows low-income residents to buy food with an EBT card at stores and farmers markets in their area.  The program helps its recipients and their local economies by increasing spending at local businesses. CHCACT is the statewide outreach contractor for the SNAP program. Working in collaboration with the health centers listed below, CHCACT aims to increase SNAP enrollment in CT to allow more residents to access healthy food. SNAP outreach workers will regularly reach out in community areas (senior centers, churches, farmers markets and more) as well as talk to health center patients to help people learn about SNAP and how to apply. For more information call CHCACT at 860-667-7820 or email ask@chcact.org!

SNAP Outreach Sites

SNAP Outreach Workers can be found at many different locations to help you apply for SNAP. Click here to find a SNAP outreach site near you.  To find a store or farmers market near you that accepts EBT, click on the links below:

Do I qualify for SNAP?

You may qualify for SNAP, even if you have a job, home and/or car. Income limits for most households are:
Household Size Gross Income
1 $1,800/month (about $21,600/year)
2 $2,425/month (about $29,100/year)
3 $3,052/month (about $36,624/year)
4 $3,678/month (about $44,136/year)
5 $4,303/month (about $51,636/year)
6 $4,930/month (about $59,160/year)
7 $5,556/month (about $66,672/year)
8 $6,181/month (about $74,172/year)
  If you think you might qualify, or know someone who might qualify, we can help.  Below is a list of outreach workers who can screen for eligibility and provide application assistance for those who appear eligible. Everyone receiving application assistance should bring proof of all sources of income (including the previous four pay stubs), proof of address, a working telephone number and the social security numbers for all members of the household.  Households with someone age 60+ and/or disabled should also bring proof of out of pocket medical expenses. Click on the maps to make them larger and see the service areas covered by each SNAP Outreach Worker.

Find a SNAP Outreach Worker in your area:

CIFC Community Health Center of Greater Danbury

80 Main Street (WIC office) Danbury, CT 06810 203.743.1000 ext. 254 www.ct-institute.org DanburyCropped

Community Health & Wellness Center of Greater Torrington

469 Migeon Avenue Torrington, CT 06790 860.387.0448 www.chwctorr.org Torr_cropped

Community Health Services

500 Albany Avenue Hartford, CT 06120 860.808.8786 or 860.808.8791 www.chshartford.org SNAP Health Centers

First Choice Health Centers

94 Connecticut Boulevard East Hartford, CT 06108 860.528.1359 ext. 255 or 860.610.6323 ext. 222 www.firstchc.org FirstChoice_Cropped2

Fair Haven Community Health Center

374 Grand Avenue New Haven, CT 06513 203.777.7411 ext. 5082 www.fhchc.org FH_Cropped

Generations Family Health Center

40 Mansfield Avenue Willimantic, CT 06226 860.774.7501 ext. 2035 www.genhealth.org 54 Reynolds Street Danielson, CT 06239 860.450.7471 ext. 6300 www.genhealth.org 202 Pomfret Street Putnam, CT 06260 860.963.7919 ext. 4104 www.genhealth.org Gen_cropped

Optimus Health Care

982 East Main Street Bridgeport, CT 06608 203.696.3260 OptimusHealthcare.org Opt_cropped

Southwest Community Health Center

968 Fairfield Avenue Bridgeport, CT 06605 203.332.3542 www.swchc.org Sw_cropped

StayWell Health Center

80 Phoenix Avenue Waterbury, CT 06702 203.756.8021 ext. 3116 www.staywellhealth.org StayWell_cropped

United Community & Family Services

47 Town Street Norwich, CT 06360 860.822.4353 or 860.822.4262 www.ucfs.org UCFS_cropped

Need Immediate Food Assistance?

2-1-1 info line (dial 2.1.1) Foodshare for assistance in Hartford and Tolland counties (dial 860.286.9999) Connecticut Food Bank for assistance in Fairfield, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven and Windham counties (dial 203.469.5000)