Under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment and decision-making, the Pediatrician has responsibility for clinical service provision to infants, children and adolescent clients within the Medical Department. The pediatrician will have to collaborate with Mid-level providers and offer clinical supervision of clinical staff assigned to work with them
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities for medical duties as they relate to the Medical Department including:
- Clinical oversight of diagnostic procedures and treatment plans
- Participation in diagnostic evaluations and treatment review meetings
- Evaluations, including the prescription and monitoring of medications when indicated
- Decisions related to the selection of patients appropriate for services
- Certification of services for third party reimbursement and those requirements identified by managed care organizations including but not limited to documentation requirements, telephonic treatment reviews, and communication with referrals, treatment appeals and review of results of lab testing or other medical consultations ordered.
- Participation in internal and external quality management initiatives and reviews. Including reviews of staff assigned to the department
- Referral for laboratory testing, medical treatment or inpatient hospitalizations
- Documentation in and maintenance of medical records in an electronic record
- Review of discharge summaries of hospitalized patients as well as transfer of care( transition of care summaries)
- Provision of emergency coverage and/or making provisions available during periods of absence
- Participates in community based initiatives and collaborative
- Reviews and completes documentation requirements for third party reimbursement.
- Supervise clinical staff for appropriate screening of patients, monitoring of appropriateness of visit, supervision of vaccine administration, triage of clinical phone calls with nursing staff and on call services as needed per the requirements of the health center.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Doctorate
Required experience: Pediatrics: 1 year
Required license or certification: MD in CT
How to Apply
StayWell Health Center