Intercommunity, Inc. is a growing, progressive, non-profit community health center with almost 40 years of experience in the community. We’ve been the grateful recipient over the past several years of numerous local and national awards for the innovative services we provide, and were recently named a Hartford Courant/Fox CT Top Small Workplace Award winner for the SEVENTH consecutive year!
We are currently recruiting an RN who will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of health care and patient care management care.
Works under the general supervision of the Chief Medical Officer
May have supervisory or lead responsibilities over paraprofessionals and other non-nursing staff as assigned.
- Conducts pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient charts prior to appointment with recent test results and correspondence and determines needed services per practice protocol
- Confers with physician regarding any incomplete patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders prior to patient visit
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment by escorting them from the waiting area to the exam room and taking histories and vital signs
- Prepares, cleans and maintains exam and treatment rooms
- Gives injections and draws blood; assists with EKGs, OB/GYN exams and office procedures as needed; and provides other patient care services as directed by the physicians
- Administers medication upon physician order and responds to medication requests per practice protocol
- Prepares and maintains clinical supplies and equipment
- Triages and responds to patient communications
- Assists with scheduling tests and treatments, pre-certifying patients for hospital care and/or procedures, and processing referrals to other providers
- Coordinates care with disease management or case management programs as needed
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect
Performs other related work as required
Knowledge of and ability to apply professional nursing theory, practice and ethics; knowledge of current medications, their actions, interactions, uses and side effects; knowledge of medical, therapeutic and psychiatric nursing interventions and methods; knowledge of and ability to apply quality standards, procedures and protocols; knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural and socio-economic differences; ability to work effectively in a team-based treatment atmosphere; strong interpersonal skills; considerable oral, written and computer communication skills; ability to act as a role model to health care staff by demonstrating and teaching professional behaviors; ability to learn specialized client care applicable to work assignment; ability to listen and provide empathetic assistance to clients and families in meeting their needs and carrying out prescribed treatments; ability to respond to emergencies; ability to respond to and seek supervision; ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, pride, trust and group identity to foster commitment and team work; ability to analyze and evaluate proper care and treatment.
Graduated from an accredited nursing program. Current State of Connecticut RN licensure required. One year medical experience in a physician’s office required.
How to Apply