Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) for its Adult Medicine department. The RN provides professional nursing care to our adult patient population in accordance with health center established standards and practices.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a current active and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse from the State of Connecticut; at least one year of professional nursing experience is preferred
- Have a solid knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice and the ability to provide high level patient care up to highest levels of the RN scope of practice
- Excel at working as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs and provide education as appropriate
- Demonstrate competence in all basic routine nursing activities, including compliance with infection prevention standards, patient education, medication administration and management,
- Have effective communication skills and be able to work with individuals of all ages
- Possess the ability to provide culturally competent care to a diverse patient population in a collaborative environment.
- Have demonstrated success and a high degree of comfort exercising sound clinical judgment during all aspects of patient care, including triage of patients who present for care on a walk-in, urgent care or telephonic basis
- Have a high degree of comfort with computers, including the ability to use electronic health records systems
- Have CPR Certification or the ability to complete certification upon employment
- Be willing to be held accountable and to hold others accountable for providing superior clinical care.
- Have demonstrated success maintaining the highest level of confidentiality as required by company policy, HIPAA and other state, federal and local laws and regulations
- Associate Science Nursing Degree
- Current State of Connecticut Registered Nurse license
- 1+ yr experience as Registered Nurse
- Knowledge of patient population/community resources and agencies.
- CPR certified at Healthcare Provider level
- 1-2 years in ambulatory health care setting.
How to Apply
Community Health Services