Summary: The Registered Nurse is part of the team concept in Norwalk Community Health Center’s health delivery system. S/he delivers primary care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with patients, significant others, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
Registered Nurse (RN)
- Improve patient outcomes, and deliver quality care within practice areas as assigned. Ensure all clinical care is delivered in a manner that meets or exceeds goals and expectations for clinical outcomes, quality assurance standards, and patient satisfaction
- Perform an assessment based on the patient’s diagnosis, the reason for entry into system and care needs. Utilize the nursing process to plan, perform, delegate and evaluate the delivery of nursing care.
- Provide counsel, support, advice, and support to patients and their families.
- Complete all patient charting, and ensure all patient records are current and complete
- Conducts nursing triage per NCHC policy, collaborating with the nursing team and providers as needed.
- Administers medications/ vaccines and performs clinical procedures per standing order or as ordered, and performs medication reconciliation.
- Attend meetings, patient conferences, planning sessions, related to quality assurance, patient care, and other related topics within the clinic.
- Attend seminars and maintain all licensure requirements for continuing education and best practices.
- Participate in quality strategies to evaluate compliance with standards and to identify opportunities to improve patient outcomes.
- Stay current with knowledge, concepts, practices, and skills appropriate for the clinical area assigned.
- Ensure all patient charts and related documentation are maintained current and relevant at all time.
- Promotes attainment of specified goals through health education to patients/families, and health care personnel.
- Provides general oversight to Medical Assistants and Clinical Service Representatives (CSR) to ensure completion of job responsibilities.
- Provides goal-oriented coaching, counseling, mentoring, or other forms of support to clinical support staff.
- Ensure all care and nursing practices are conducted consistent within current, relevant standards, as well as state and local laws and regulations, and related professional standards.
Registered Nurse (RN) Core Competencies:
- Demonstrate a high level of skill at building relationships and customer service.
- Demonstrate interpersonal savvy and influence skills in managing difficult clients and patients.
- Demonstrate a high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of medicine and associated charting requirements.
- Requisite skills and ability to perform certain medical tasks as assigned
- Demonstrate a high level of problem-solving skill to better serve patients and staff.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to utilize computers for data entry and information retrieval.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to implement, and evaluate operational and administrative processes.
Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical leadership support to the care team and interdisciplinary team.
Registered Nurse (RN) Position Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Ambulatory Care: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN) – Connecticut
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Peter Donato (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Peter Donato MSN, BA, RN, CMSRN, CNE
Director of Nursing
Norwalk Community Health Center