Schedule: Full Time
Associate’s Degree at least three years of relevant experience required
The RN of internal medicine is responsible for delivery of clinical care and works closely with medical providers, medical assistants and support staff to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of primary health care services to all patients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
Nursing degree from an accredited nursing school plus 3 years of clinical experience providing nursing services to patients from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds, as well as exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required. Outpatient primary care settings experience preferred. Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus.
Licensure Requirements for Clinical Positions
Credential(s) Required: Current State of Connecticut Unencumbered Registered Nurse License
Wheeler provides equitable access to innovative care that improves health, recovery and growth at all stages of life.
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of $500 per year
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on cell phone services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct care to patients, carrying out orders by the medical provider, including working directly with patients by getting their medical histories, monitoring vital signs, performing blood draws, preparing patients for diagnostic testing, performing diagnostic tests, dressing wounds, administering injections, screening and assessing calls, and assisting medical provider in the examination room.
- Provides chronic care disease support to the patients in the form of phone call contacts, nurse visits, and care coordination and management of appointments and medical device, referrals, transitions of care needs.
- Performs physical assessments and performs CLIA-Waived point of care testing in triaging walk-in patients, chronic care management nurse visits, in conjunction with nurse visit protocols and standing orders.
- Attends and provides input for patients in multi-disciplinary team meetings weekly, daily multi-disciplinary huddles.
- Assists with management of Medication Assisted Treatment client coordination.
- Demonstrates strong nursing knowledge base and skill in job performance.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for coordinating care, in collaboration with the medical providers.
- Ensures that continuity of care is maintained in all aspects of patient care.
- Contributes to medical staff’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information; recommending options and courses of action; and implementing medical providers’ directives.
- Serves as liaison to medical providers.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Documents patient care services by charting in electronic medical records.
- Must be able to pass a respirator fit test at time of hire and on an annual basis.
- Participates with regular staff meetings focused on coordinating care within an interdisciplinary team.
- Performs job responsibilities consistent with standards for best practice nursing, including excellent communication with all providers to ensure the delivery of high quality care.
- Regulatory and Corporate Compliance Responsibilities
Wheeler Clinic is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Affirmative-Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply