Responsible for providing psychiatric evaluations, diagnosis, treatment planning, and medication management at FHCHC, a federally qualified healthcare center offering integrated outpatient healthcare. Responsible for providing supervision to behavioral health (BH) clinicians, APRNs and residents/medical students if/when asked to do so.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide psychiatric evaluations, diagnosis, treatment planning, and medication management
- Provide strength-oriented & patient-centered services based on current clinical standards of care
- Provide mental health crisis assessments as needed and formulate/implement disposition
- Work well in a team and regularly communicate/coordinate with other BH and primary care clinicians, social service providers, and care coordinators regarding shared patients
- Complete all required documentation for intakes, progress notes, treatment plans and reviews, authorizations, billing, and licensure within a timely manner
- Provide supervision to other BH clinicians, APRNs, and residents/medical students if/when asked
- Sign department treatment plans and other documents requiring an MD signature
- Engage in quality improvement initiatives focused on BH at FHCHC
- Maintain all required continuing education activities/CMES
- Perform other necessary duties as required by FHCHC to provide high quality health care
- Knowledge and ability to independently carry out all the above duties
- Previous experience in health care setting, ideally in an integrated outpatient setting, desirable
- Experience using an electronic health record required, experience with EPIC is desirable
- Must be licensed in the State of CT
- Board eligible at time of hire or board certification within 1 year of hire is required
- Oral and written fluency in English required; Oral fluency/proficiency in Spanish highly desired
OSHA Status: Category III—Low Risk Position; Works part of the time in a medical setting, possible exposure to blood borne pathogens.
Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records, Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone.