Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of CS-HHC’s payroll in a manner that is consistent to statutory laws and regulations and the financial objectives and policies of CS-HHC. Collects and reviews all CS-HHC timesheets. Calculates and processes employees’ pay, tax and benefits. Creates and updates staff records, answers queries and prepares end-of-year returns.
CS-HHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all CS-HHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents CS-HHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and CS-HHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews, edits and maintains timesheets for accuracy and compliance to CS-HHC policy
- Assists in processing bi-weekly payroll
- Calculates and reviews deferral payments based on plan documents and terminations
- Partners with Human Resources department to ensure coordination of information between HR and Payroll
- Performs all activities necessary to control the payroll process
- Assists in preparation and reconciliation of all payroll data
- Performs all payroll and related expenses to the general ledger
- Prepares and submits all necessary reports to the Payroll Administrator as requested
- Assists employee requests for payroll verifications, payroll deductions, garnishments, etc.
- Maintains employee records in sick leave, vacation and personal time taken
- Assists in preparing the Workers Compensation verification reports
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Education: Minimum of an Associate’s Degree is preferred.
Experience: Minimum two (2) years of payroll experience preferred. Previous experience in an automated Payroll Department is desirable.
Knowledge/Abilities: Ability to cope under pressure and work independently. A willingness to learn and develop. Solid understanding of and experience with ADP Payroll System. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential. Must be able to pay attention to detail. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for long periods of time in front of a computer screen; intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and computer keyboard on a daily basis. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Travel within the State of Connecticut is required on an occasional basis. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
How to Apply
Cornell Scott – Hill Health Center