Job Title: Patient Access Representative-Appointments
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Appointments Supervisor
Job Purpose: To function as part of a health care team, meeting the needs of patients, staff and consum-ers by answering phones, making appointments greeting patients and visitors. The Patient Advocate assists patients, consumers and staff with any non-medical requests & problem solving to create the most efficient, professional and friendly access to our facilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses a pleasant manner and professional attitude
- Understands & addresses the patient’ s needs in an efficient and friendly manner
- Answers phones & takes messages from appointment line
- Accesses patient information from computer system
- Makes & cancels appointments and sends appointment cards
- Pulls medical charts, files and retrieves records for appointments
- Assists in clerical chart review
- Acts as an interpreter if qualified
- Assists other departments with paperwork as needed and as directed by supervisor
- Ensures patient confidentiality and provides patients with needed information
- Performs other necessary duties as required by the Fair Haven Community Health Center to achieve the goal of providing primary health care
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to relate with effectiveness to the public, the patient, and the other staff of the Health Center
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computer data entry.
- Preferably bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
- High School diploma or GED with 6 months experience in a medical facility
- Ability to use computer and multi-lined telephones
- Oral and written proficiency in English
Direction of Others: None
OSHA Status—Category III—Low Risk Position
Generally works in an office environment with no exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Essential Physical/Mental Demands:
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data in-put into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone