Under indirect supervision, provides independent primary care to a specified population of Adult non-emergency patients. Provides consultation and advice to others as a highly-specialized practitioner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs medical examinations and evaluations, diagnoses, treatment, follow-up, consultation, and health education.
- Obtains patient histories and develops patient care charts, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Provides health education to students, families, and/or community health practitioners and groups, within area of specialty.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and/or support staff.
- Administers a specific health care activity, as appropriate.
- May participate in planning programs and in developing specific health policies and procedures.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and /or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Work is normally performed in a typical/office work environment. It involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- 6 months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- CPR Certified
- State of CT. Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Basic Annual Safety Training *Bloodborne Pathogen Annual Training *Hazard Communication (Area-Specific) Training *Infectious Waste Training *Tuberculosis Training
- Must be credentialed per SWHC policies and procedures
- Knowledge of health education theory and practice.
- Knowledge of current principals, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment in are of expertise.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively wit a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Staff member is required to have a cell phone available for job functions.
How to Apply
StayWell Health Center