Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently recruiting for a full-time Medical Assistant/Front Office Registrar for our Behavioral Health department in our East Main location in Bridgeport. This position will encompass both clinical and administrative Medical Assistant duties. The successful candidate must be a Certified Medical Assistant, possessing one of the following credentials: CMA, RMA, CCMA, NCMA. Additionally, will have experience or interest in working with the behavioral health population, will be bilingual in English and Spanish, and possess a strong mix of clinical and front office skills.
Essential Functions Include:
- Conducts initial intake of patients
- Explores community resources available to meet the clients’ needs
- Maintain ongoing networking efforts w/community providers in the area
- Update patient information
- Collects co-pays
- Takes patient history & vital signs
- Prepares patients for exam & treatment
- Prepares exam rooms w/ necessary equipment & supplies
- Assists with scheduling of tests & treatments
- Assists with administrative tasks as needed
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program
- Professional Medical Assistant Certification obtained through one of the following agencies: AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT.
- Must possess one of the following credentials: CMA, RMA, CCMA, NCMA.
- Languages: Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Successfully pass a language proficiency assessment
- Great computer and typing skills are necessary.
Additional General Requirements:
- Commitment to the maintenance of patient privacy.
- Flexibility to work at other OHC sites as necessary.
- Professional, positive attitude, vision and understanding of customer service principles.
OPTIMUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care