Working in collaboration with Charter Oak Communities (the Stamford Housing Authority), the Community and Supportive Services Program is designed to strengthen Stamford’s public housing communities through empowering residents as active members and leaders within their communities and beyond. The program supports families living in public housing to achieve greater self-sufficiency and independence through counseling, case management services, referrals to community agencies, community building, socialization, and general support.
The Manager is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a large team of Resident Service Coordinators/ Interns who work onsite with the residents at several Charter Oak Communities. Through the caring and successful referral of educational and vocational services, residents will ultimately obtain employment and improve their economic self- sufficiency. Additionally, relationship building and collaboration with internal and external resources is essential to the success of the incumbent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, mentor and train staff in case management, person-centered programming/planning, community engagement, supportive opportunities for residents, social service trends, and best practices
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with program partner’s property managers, community partners and stakeholders as well as with Family Centers’ Self Sufficiency program managers.
- Manage and evaluate program activities/outcomes and develop recommendations to support, improve and enhance the program as needed.
- Assure accurate and timely collection and reporting of data as required by the government, community partners, and certain grants
- Engage in activities that enhance programs and/or Family Centers’ relationship in the community
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or a related field plus at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Proven commitment to staff and community development, support, and engagement
- Strong computer, administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated results with community organizing and development
- Experience with program/event facilitation, planning and development
- SIFI (Seminar in Field Instruction) Certified
- Ability to demonstrate leadership capacity and to work as part of a team.
- Excellent project management skills/ time management skills
- Ability to effectively listen, facilitate meetings, guide others, manage and monitor projects and activities
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 2,500 volunteers collaborate to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services.
For more information, please visit http://www.familycenters.org/