POSITION SUMMARY- Financial Analyst
Review and prepare the interpretation of financial data, financial projections, and results. Perform consulting services in support of business studies, economic evaluations, and planning functions. Prepare financials necessary for the grant process.
Essential Position Duties
- Prepares complex financial presentations.
- Advises management on various financial recommendations.
- Identifies complex financial problems or issues related to workflow processes, researches solutions, and implements corrective steps to achieve higher level of operational efficiency.
- Analyzes data of past and current operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred.
- Participates in various committees or work groups to develop, implement, modify, and document new or revised record keeping functions to current computerized accounting systems technology.
- Prepare and review financial plans for grants.
- Provide all financial reporting necessary to apply for grants.
- Provide support and assistance where grants require follow up reporting.
- Support all groups within COHC where financial questions arise as to grants.
- Support all federal and state reporting requirements.
- Prepare and compile the annual budget developing the necessary systems to support it.
- Make recommendations on the annual and ongoing budgets.
- Assist the CFO in discussing the ongoing budget with individual departments.
- May provide direction and work assignments for staff.
- Develops system test cases and documents results.
- Researches system issues and documents findings.
- Creates and develops new policies/procedures.
- As needed, build queries and macros to streamline processes.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required by management.
- Must maintain appropriate attendance.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act, HIPAA and The Joint Commission.
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer, assists with ensuring quality and regulatory compliance within the billing department and organizationally as appropriate.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
- Experience with relational databases, mainframe and client server report writers; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Strong technical data base skills
- Demonstrates initiative and discretion
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements
- Requires a BS/BA in finance, accounting or business administration
- MBA, CPA, CMA, CFA or applicable professional designation preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a finance/health insurance field capacity
How to Apply
Charter Oak Health Center