InterCommunity, Inc. is a growing, progressive, non-profit community health center with over 35 years of experience in the community. We’ve been the grateful recipient over the past several years of numerous local and national awards for the innovative services we provide, and have just been named a Hartford Courant/Fox CT Top Small Workplace Award winner for the SEVENTH consecutive year!
We are currently recruiting a Fee For Service Clinician (LCSW preferred). 20-25 hours afternoons and evenings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a member of multi-disciplinary clinical team or within a network of community based behavioral health services develops psychosocial assessments through clinical interviews with assigned clients and families which include consideration of developmental, social and/or cultural, substance abuse, psychological, environmental and medical issues
- Develops treatment plans including measurable treatment objectives
- Provides clinical treatment services in form of triage, crisis intervention, assessment, individual, group and/or family therapy, screening and planning
- Advocates and develops networks of social and clinical services to assist clients in meeting identified needs
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of treatment plans, documents treatment in clinical records
- Completes all required documentation related to client treatment in accordance with established procedures
- Completes all required documentation related to contracted services ie CSSD, Project Safe etc.
- Completes reports in accordance with agency and accrediting bodies
- Consults and collaborates with other behavioral health providers to improve delivery of services to clients
- Provides evaluations and court testimony as required
- Maintains social work treatment and standards as required
- Maintains treatment records in accordance with agency and regulatory bodies
- Performs concurrent documentation of service delivery
- Adheres to all agency policies and procedures
- Performs related duties as required
To be considered for this position, an applicant MUST meet the following requirements:
- LCSW (or a candidate about to sit for licensure) is strongly preferred
- A Master’s in Social Work and an LMSW may be considered. (Applicants who do not have a MSW will not be considered for this position.)
- Valid State of Connecticut Licensure
- Knowledge of behavioral health methodology, casework, group work and community mobilization;
- Knowledge of family and interpersonal relationship dynamics; knowledge of values, sanctions, purposes and ethics of professional clinical work;
- Knowledge of social, cultural, economic, medical, psychological and legal issues which influence attitudes and behaviors of clients and families;
- Knowledge of mental illnesses and approaches to treatment; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral, written, and computer communication skills;
- Ability to devise and implement a treatment plan with measurable goals that address client needs;
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based treatment atmosphere; ability to independently apply current psychiatric treatment modalities to address client needs.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus Intercommunity, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salaries, a generous employee benefit package (including medical, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k), and 4 weeks of paid time off) and flexible schedules. Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply