- Lead the day to day operations of casework & administrative supervision and routine program(s) management for our community based FES Program.
- Provide for consumer needs, program/service delivery, operating budget accountability, staff supervision & support, UCFS policies & standards adherence and contractual compliance & relations.
- Provide routine program(s) management, including maintain current knowledge and adherence to parameters of contractual program(s) requirements
- Provide relational and consultative services internal & external to UCFS; serve as initial contract & community liaison
- Assist in preparation of, and continued adherence to program/department budget(s); provide for quality program(s) data management and output
- Assist in preparation of contracts, grant applications, department policies & procedures and overall growth of BHS community based services as requested.
Travel on-the-job approx. 10%+ of the time
Highly Desired Skills:
- MSW/MFT/MA; LCSW/LMFT/LPC preferred
- 2-3 years directly related client population & services experience; 1 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated strength in communications, interpersonal relations incl. counseling children & families, and leadership& team building
- Valid Connecticut driver’s license is required
Salary is dependent on experience
UCFS an established and highly respected Health & Human Services organization in Eastern Connecticut has been a cornerstone in the community since 1877, providing an array of Health & Human Services. Our team of 300+ employees is dedicated to improving the health & well-being of the community in which we live and serve. Learn more about us at www.ucfs.org.
How to Apply
United Community and Family Services