InterCommunity, Inc. is a growing, progressive, non-profit community health center with over 35 years of experience in the community. We ve been the grateful recipient over the past several years of numerous local and national awards for the innovative services we provide, and have just been named a Hartford Courant/Fox CT Top Small Workplace Award winner for the FIFTH consecutive year!
We are currently recruiting a full-time FAMILY APRN/NURSE PRACTITIONER to obtain complete histories, perform pertinent physical exams and assessments on new patients, clinical assessments, treatments, diagnose medical conditions, assess emergencies, order diagnostic studies, prescribe medications and document medical care. This individual must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and clinical therapeutic models; considerable knowledge of relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations; knowledge of state, federal and local health care agencies and programs; and knowledge of pharmacology as it relates to advanced nursing practice.
To be considered for this position, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Current APRN licensure (Connecticut)
- 1+ year experience working as a Family Nurse Practitioner, preferably in a clinic setting
- Experience with patients with behavioral health concerns or a strong desire to learn
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- The ability to produce concurrent documentation via electronic health record
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
Strong candidates should also possess:
- Psychiatric nursing experience
- The ability to provide patient-centered services
- A belief that every individual in need deserves quality services and an opportunity for recovery
- An adaptive/flexible work style
- A commitment to professional growth and development as well as to organizational growth
- Current computer skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Intercommunity, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive salaries and a generous employee benefit package (Medical insurance [100% employer-paid HSA option]; Dental insurance; Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance (100% employer-paid); 401(k) [3% employer match + 3% contribution], and 4 weeks of paid time off). Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply