POSITION SUMMARY & FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors, prepares/publishes CHCAction weekly as an electronic newsletter, updates the CHCACT website as needed/requested, assures that all CHCACT supplies properly procured, accounted for and stored upon delivery, and oversees archiving of CHCACT administrative files electronically and offsite.
• Assist CEO with administrative tasks
• Facilitate communication with the Board including preparation/distribution of minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors and requests pertinent to Board activities. In CEO’s absence, ensure request for action or information are relayed to appropriate staff members.
• Work collaboratively with contributors to the CHCACT website and weekly newsletter to assure website postings are up to date and weekly bulletin information is comprehensive.
• Welcomes guest by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answers, screens and directs all inquiries.
• Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipates needed supplies; evaluates new office products, submits/expedites orders for supplies, verifies receipt and deployment/storage of supplies in the designated locations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple projects and tasks for grants and programs efficiently and accurately with various requirements and deadlines.
• Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Must possess flexibility. Ability to work both as a team player and to work independently, adapting and performing well in a frequently changing environment.
• Extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail including the ability to track multiple projects simultaneously and ability to follow up with staff accordingly.
• Strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with advanced skills using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook); WordPress and SharePoint.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree in business or paralegal certification is desirable. In lieu of a degree, 2 or more years’ experience as an administrative assistant, paralegal or other relevant experience will be considered.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use computers and office equipment, manipulate documents and move about the office. The employee may occasionally move materials up to 10 pounds.
The position requires the ability to read, and interpret financial reports, and legal contracts and grant related documents. Must have ability to effectively speak before groups and present training to all types of audiences.
MENTAL DEMANDS AND REASONING ABILITIES:
Job requires the ability to focus, attention to detail at times and thoroughness in completing work goals. The ability to analyze information, formulate diverse solutions and make decisions using logic to address work-related issues is required.
The incumbent regularly performs work in an office environment as well as at FQHC sites. Travel (up to 10%) may be required to attend meetings.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. The Association reserves the right to modify, change or add to the position’s job duties and responsibilities as business needs may require.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply
Please submit resume & cover letter to:
Luci Goodwin, CHCACT, 1484 Highland Avenue, Suite 2, Cheshire, CT 06410, or via facsimile (203) 250-0040, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org