United Community & Family Services is looking for an EMPS (Emergency Mobile Psychiatric) Clinician to join the team! The successful team member will independently complete emergency psychiatric assessments and interventions on children and youth who are in crisis, at high risk and who may be presenting with suicidal or homicidal ideation. This successful candidate will have a varied schedule that may include night and weekends.
- Perform emergency psychiatric assessments on children and youth in crisis who may be known clients or new clients to the program and provide short term clinical and care coordination follow up for up to six weeks.
- Develop crisis plans and diversionary plans for children and youth who have been deemed not to need inpatient psychiatric hospitalization.
- Work with local Emergency Departments to create and implement discharge plans for children who have stabilized from emergency department care.
- Assess, evaluate and diagnose and treat, mental, emotional, developmental and behavioral difficulties in children and families based on clinical standards of practice in uncertain and potentially dangerous environments.
- Develop and implement specific treatment plans which are strength based, client focused and include referrals to community resources.
- Work professionally and in tandem with a variety of community entities including but limited to parents, schools, police, Emergency Department staff, DCF etc.
- Maintain line of communication with supervisor and support staff, and coordination of treatment with psychiatrists.
- Complete all required documentation for treatment planning, billing, and licensure within a timely manner or within 2 (two) weeks of service
- On-the-Job Travel of approx. 25% is required throughout Eastern Connecticut.
Qualified Candidates will have:
– Master’s degree (M.A., M.F.T., M.S.W.) with License eligibility (LPC, LCSW or LMFT)
– One year of professional experience required
– Position requires reliable transportation and a valid drivers license
– Knowledge of crisis intervention and suicide / homicide assessment, appropriate therapeutic levels of care, and community resources helpful.
UCFS offers a generous benefits package that includes comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with 8.5% employer contribution, flexible spending accounts, company-paid life and disability insurance along with three weeks paid vacation, eleven holidays and ten sick days.
How to Apply
United Community and Family Services