Job Title: Director of Nursing
Position Type: Full time
Reports to: Vice President of Clinical Affairs
Job Purpose: Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services to patients at all Fair Haven Community Health Center sites. The DoN ensures that efficient, evidence-based, quality care is provided in accordance with organizational and regulatory standards in a culturally sensitive manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains written objectives and organizational plan and deliverables for nursing services; assists in the development of patient care policies
- Ensures nursing department is compliant with federal, state and local regulations
- Serves as a clinical leader in various projects and forums
- Participates in strategic planning
- Supervises RN, LPN and medical support staff; develops and monitors performance plans; monitors and evaluates nursing activities and takes corrective action where needed
- Helps facilitate integration of nursing services with other patient care services in the facility, and ensures nursing staff patterns are implemented
- Assists in the recruitment, development and orientation of nursing staff
- Identifies educational and clinical needs of the nursing staff and schedules in-services to address them
- Organizes and facilitates regular meetings of nursing department
- Ensures care of patients through health promotion, maintenance, restoration and prevention of infection, accident and injury; Monitors quality and appropriateness of patient care
- Participates in oversight of immunization tracking and lab diagnostic tracking
- Promotes the role of the patient and practice within a Patient Centered Medical Home
- Serves as an agent for change by constantly seeking opportunities to shape the environment
- Provides nursing care services as needed, including but not limited to administering medications; assesses patient’s response to treatment and generalized nursing care
- Other duties as assigned
- RN required; BSN or MSN preferred
- 3-5 years of ambulatory care experience, preferably in an FQHC setting
- Prior nurse manager experience
- Leadership skills including the ability to motivate & supervise others.
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy in relating to others, internal and external to the organization, both in personnel management and patient care services.
- Knowledge and experience with primary care setting, including program development and quality assurance methodology; familiarity with PDSA and Lean methodology
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Spanish speaking strongly preferred
- Experience with EMR required, Epic EMR strongly preferred
OSHA Status—Category I Increased Risk Position
Potential exposure to a hazardous waste and bloodborne pathogens, clinical setting
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Essential Physical/Mental Demands:
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone
How to Apply
Fair Haven Community Health Care