Department: Care Management
Schedule: Full Time
Bachelor’s Degree at least 5+ years of relevant experience required
The Director of Care Management will develop and oversee a suite of care management/coordination services that are integrated within Wheeler’s existing clinic services and marketed to other entities, including health systems, hospitals, physician groups, etc. The Director of Care Management is responsible for planning, development, implementation, and supervision for all care management activities across multiple locations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
Nursing degree from an accredited nursing school plus 5 years of managed care and/or care coordination experience within an integrated delivery system. Program design and implementation experience preferred. Experience working with care coordination models, data analytics and health information technology and quality metrics and patient outcome measures is preferred. Supervisory and program management experience is required. BSN or Bachelor’s Degree in related medical field is required.
Licensure Requirements for Clinical Positions
Credential(s) Required: Unencumbered Connecticut licensed Registered Nurse.
Wheeler provides equitable access to innovative care that improves health, recovery and growth at all stages of life.
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of $500 per year
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on cell phone services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all care management clients have a comprehensive care management plan that is developed, monitored and evaluated by the team in a timely manner. All plans should meet clinical standards for chronic disease management and include social and psychological and quality of life factors.
- Provides clinical oversight and leadership to RN care management program activity across multiple Wheeler locations, serving adults by implementing, promoting and sustaining evidenced based and best practice models of chronic care management, patient outcome improvement, self-management goals, and nurse visits.
- Ensures all patient care transitions take place in a timely, effective and coordinated manner and that patient emergency room utilization is managed effectively.
- Provides consistent supervision and support to care managers, substance abuse care facilitation, and medication assisted treatment care managers to ensure goals are met consistently and timely for all program requirements.
- Works with VP of Health Center Operations, Care Managers, Medical Directors and Providers to ensure quality measures related to patient outcomes, screening recommendations, and development of nurse billable visit opportunities as all being met or exceeded.
- Assists with budget development and manages program expenses to budget, adhering to grant program budget requirements.
- Assists with grant program development with VP Health Center Operations and Chief Development Officer.
- Oversees Ryan White grant program requirements by ensuring timely reporting as required and outlined in the contract; establish and implement workflows aimed at improved patient outcomes as outlined in the grant contract.
- Ensures program compliance with accurate and timely weekly, monthly and/or quarterly data collection and submission requirements to sustain improved patient outcomes and compliance with screening recommendations.
- Comply with accreditation standards, required licenses, certifications, and program grant requirements.
- Serves as role model for supervisors, senior frontline staff, care managers and staff to promote strong work ethic and adherence to Wheeler Clinic Integrated Model of Care, Mission and Vision.
- Reviews care management cases, identifies training needs and other opportunities for improvement to ensure efficient and high-quality programming.
- Works with RN care managers to provide educational oversite and training for competency on nurse chronic care visits, and electronic health record use and function related to care planning, self-management goal setting and nurse documentation.
- In collaboration with the care management staff, identifies opportunities to streamline workflows that result in accurate, high quality production standards and improved results in cost savings, or outcome measure improvement.
- In collaboration with Wheeler’s IT Department, defines and develops advanced analytic capabilities that support population health and disease management strategies.
- In collaboration with Wheeler’s IT Department, supports implementation of care management software/platform.
- Develops materials and presentations on Care Management for current customers and new business opportunities.
- Conducts contract negotiations and monitors renewal processes for care management contracts.
- Must be able to pass a respirator fit test at time of hire and on an annual basis.
- Develops effective working relationships with and provides high quality service for external and internal customers.
- Oversees and manages UDS and other quality measure compliance; participate in quality improvement activities and committees and Joint Commission, Patient Centered Medical Home, HRSA and Connecticut public health site visits and other accrediting body site visits and compliance standards.
- Conducts performance evaluations of care management staff when necessary.
- Continues to develop knowledge and understanding about the history, traditions, values, family systems, and artistic expression of groups served as well as uses appropriate methodological approaches, skills, and techniques that reflect an understanding of culture.
Wheeler Clinic is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Affirmative-Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply