Position Type: Full time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Purpose: Provide leadership in the delivery of dental services for Fair Haven Community Health Cen- ter dental facilities, including mobile and community-based dental services. Works closely with the Execu- tive Management Team to establish and reach organizational goals. Provide oversight of all dental providers and functions including patient care, laboratory services, quality assurance, and infection control.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Render professional dental services within the scope of Provider’s training and responsibility, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations (i.e. federal, state, local, or otherwise), and current standards of dental practice.
- Promotes oral health by providing educational information on all phases of preventive and restorative dentistry and oral hygiene.
- Reviews and follows all dental clinic protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Documents and follows treatment plans that include appropriate preventive and restorative therapy.
- Address all contra-indications pertaining to treatment and identify patent’s chief complaint or reason for visit.
- Maintains the baseline radiographs and any other radiographs necessary to diagnose and treatment plan the case.
- Develops treatment options and advocates for client by explaining all procedures and treatments to the patient before they occur.
- Complete in a timely manner dental and other required records for all of Provider’s patients as required by FHCHC policy.
- Maintain productivity standards that are common to community health center.
- Provides guidance and direction to dental personnel to assure that clinical protocols are implemented and followed.
- Develop and revise dental policies and procedures to meet licensing requirements.
- Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives for the purpose of maintaining high quality standards
- Ability to operationalize goals into program activities
- Ability to work within the community to build consensus and coalitions
- Ability to be available for occasional early morning or evening hours and/or to work longer hours as required
- Performs other tasks and duties as needed
Position Skill Characteristics:
- At least two years of experience following completion of dental
- Preferably working with all ages
- Demonstrates superb clinical skills
- Possess an ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Must have good judgment and ability to make appropriate decisions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, management, and team building skills, both written and
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing dental services to under-served members of the community
- Successful completion of an accredited academic program in general
- Completion of a general dentistry or pediatric dentistry residency program
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a dentist in the State of
- Current CPR certification
OSHA Status—Category I Increased Risk Position
Potential exposure to a hazardous waste and bloodborne pathogens, clinical setting
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accom- modation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Essential Physical/Mental Demands:
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pull- ing medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone
How to Apply
Fair Haven Community Health Center