Schedule: Full Time
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) performs functions related to the enrollment of new clients. The CSR registers new clients, obtains basic insurance information and enters data in the Electronic Health Record (EHR). CSRs will be cross trained to work at each site location, performing administrative, scheduling and backfill functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
High School diploma and one year of progressively responsible work experience in a Dental office is required. A valid Connecticut driver’s license also required.
Experience with Microsoft Office products, other software programs, and office equipment such as fax, copiers, and scanners is preferable.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates are preferred.
SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
Position is full time in Hartford, CT and will start in mid-December.
Wheeler provides equitable access to innovative care that improves health, recovery and growth at all stages of life.
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on cell phone services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support to outpatient clinicians, psychiatric staff and to all programs.
- Greets and communicates in a positive, professional and effective manner with clients, staff and referral sources, assessing the needs of each and triaging calls as necessary.
- Screens insurance and reason for referral with acuity.
- Confirms client insurance coverage at each session via EDS swipes and collects co-pays and fees including credit card payments; prepares and balances the daily deposit.
- Loads new client shell or episode of care including, but not limited to client demographics and insurance information.
- Reviews and distributes completed client documents, release forms and assessment tools prior to intake session.
- Notifies clinician when client is ready for intake/session and signs out room.
- Enters data in a timely and accurate manner for ongoing reporting (e.g., PSDCRS).
- Maintains flexibility pertaining to cross training and coverage (i.e., hours, site, location) to meet the needs of that program.
- Processes, faxes and follows up on lab results; enters tox results upon receipt in PsychConsult.
- Schedules all appointments, including Psychiatric Evaluations, special population intakes and ongoing appointments.
- Produces and delivers timely, accurate and professional documents as needed to clients, referral sources, collateral contacts and primary care physicians.
- Makes confirmation calls and backfills no/show and cancelled slots by patients/staff according to specified guidelines.
- Monitors office supplies, lab supplies, educational and clinical literature and orders as necessary.
- Pursues and utilizes available trainings and staff development opportunities to develop computer skills, and enhance knowledge and growth within the agency.
- Scores clinical assessment tools and enters into PsychConsult if applicable.
- Processes and organizes new charts, as well as breaks down discharged binders in a timely, accurate manner.
- Maintains all filing up to date.
- Takes Med Refill Line calls and coordinates client calls with psychiatrists and APRNs.
- Maintains competencies to meet expectations in all position-specific key performance indicators.
- Continues to develop knowledge and understanding about the history, traditions, values, family systems, and artistic expression of groups served as well as uses appropriate methodological approaches, skills, and techniques that reflect an understanding of culture.
Wheeler Clinic is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Affirmative-Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply