The Dental Assistant supports the dentist in the clinical care of patients. Responsibilities include but not limited to preparing exam rooms, preparing instruments and materials and monitoring and updating charts.
- Assists the Dentist chair side at all times, including passing and receiving of instruments, oral evacuation and retraction and preparation of materials.
- Takes x-rays under direction of Dentist.
- Provides coverage for support staff as needed.
- Organizes treatment room for each patient, including instruments, records, radiographs, and lab work.
- Conducts blood pressure and health history information as needed.
- Disinfects treatment room and operate equipment in accordance with OSHA, ADA and CDC infection control guidelines.
- Audits supplies monthly and documents what is needed.
- Maintains and monitors laboratory procedures and cases.
- Disinfects and sterilizes instruments according to CDC/OSHA/ADA standards.
- Changes dental solutions as outlined in manufacturers guidebook and maintains record manual.
- Responsible for equipment care and maintenance.
- Records treatment plans and periodontal charting into the dental / medical record.
- Scans informed consent forms, referral forms, and other related forms into the dental / medical record
- Updates MSDS book and Q.A. manual.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Clinic Manager or Dentist
- Certification from accredited dental assisting program
- DANB Radiation Health and Safety X-ray certification required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- One to two years prior dental experience preferred.
- Computer literate
- Bi-lingual Spanish required
How to Apply