Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently recruiting for a full time Controller for our Finance office in Bridgeport. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and consistency of data for accounts payable, accounts receivable and the general ledger, while directing the preparation and timely delivery of financial reports. Direct month-end closings, ensuring that accounts are properly reconciled, highlight inconsistencies or unusual transactions. Create reports for government agencies. Prepare and report financial statements that conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements. Responsibility to ensure that financial statements adhere with management’s recommendations, auditor’s requirements and industry practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial reports, such as the annual report’s GAAP balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnotes to the financial statement, in addition to monthly reports on the balance sheet and income statement budget and comparison to prior year variances.
- Responsible for drafting, establishing, maintaining and implementing Company -wide financial and accounting policies, procedures, work standards.
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the general ledger and the resulting consolidation, including the health center and the realty company, and any other entities that may be established.
- Reconcile, control and store payroll Register, 1099 Misc, W-2 statements and fixed assets Register.
- Ensures general ledger accounts are reconciled to their related payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable and fixed assets subsidiary ledgers and adjustments to the general ledger or subsidiary ledgers are made accordingly.
- Responsible for the system of internal controls over procedures and systems to ensure accuracy and security of financial records and source documents in addition, responsible for running reports and any enhancements to the Fund EZ and Great Plains system.
- Responsible for State and Federal budget and financial reporting as well as cash drawdown.
- Provide productivity reports weekly, monthly and annually.
- Responsible to monitor and reconcile cash account balances monthly and ensure the proper controls over all cash accounts.
- Responsible to review and authorization for the addition of new vendors, rendering inactive certain older vendors and ensuring that the A/P subsidiary ledger is reconciled with the general ledger, including significant vendors.
- Responsible to interpret operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the business unit. Makes specific recommendations to result in cost reduction and profit improvement.
- Supervises the maintenance of the company accounts, assigns new account classifications as required.
- Ensures the correct and accurate accounting classifications of all revenues, expenditures and obligations.
- Prepares, schedule and analyzes all OHC financial accounts.
- Primary liaison with Insurance agents for all non-employee insurance policies. Maintain insurance records.
- Provide financial support and guidance for retirement/403(b) plan to MetLife Financial.
- Assists with providing support to other departments and external agencies for any documentation required in support of independent audits, state audits, WC and EEO Program audit, etc.
- Responsible to ensure the proper controls are in place, the financial statements are complete and accurate, the schedule of audit requests is complete, and a satisfactory/ unqualified opinion is obtained on the audit and that management letter comments are kept to a minimum.
- Responsible to ensure that management letter comments from a prior year are cleaned up and don’t recur.
- Must maintain appropriate attendance.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required by management.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Access: proficient with Fund EZ, Great Plains and other accounting software
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting, balancing and reconciliations.
EDUCATION: BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, MBA, CPA/ or CMA is preferred
EXPERIENCE: Sufficient accounting systems, internal controls and accounting knowledge including the areas of general accounting, journal entries report preparation, accounts receivable, fixed asset, consolidations, financial preparation and reporting, as well as an understanding of tax reporting for non-profit organization gained through 10+ years progressive experience.
OPTIMUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care