The Community Health Center Association of Connecticut (CHCACT) seeks a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead this innovative, diverse association of 16-member health centers through a period of challenge, transition, and growth.
This role provides the right leader with an unparalleled opportunity to be the voice for the state’s largest association of safety net providers and the medically under-served residents who call Connecticut’s health centers their health home.
The new CEO will have access to Connecticut and federal leaders across legislative, regulatory, health, and behavioral health sectors and will be relied upon to provide creative and visionary leadership to ensure continued access to the vital services CHCACT’s members provide for the state’s most vulnerable residents.
CHCACT is located in Cheshire, CT which is close to the city of New Haven, CT.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is accountable to the Board for: stewarding CHCACT’s mission, vision, and values; collaborating with the Board of Directors on strategy and policy development; and reporting to the Board on strategy execution and performance on all programmatic, financial and operational measures.
- Provides strategic and operational leadership and direction for CHCACT.
- Fosters a workplace that results in the development, growth, and retention of a high performing senior leadership team.
- Directly and through CHCACT’s senior leadership team, manages the activities of the staff of the organization.
- Ensures that CHCACT is structured and its staff selected, empowered, and motivated to maximize the Association’s ability to deliver its programs and services.
- Develops and directs implementation of programs that deliver technical assistance and training services to CHCACT members and other health centers.
- Develops and directs strategies for advocacy on behalf of CHCACT members and the vulnerable populations they serve with legislators, policy makers, partners, stakeholders, and the media.
- Ensures that CHCACT’s finances are properly and effectively managed.
- Identifies and develops funding opportunities that support CHCACT’s mission, vision, strategies, and sustainability.
- Maintains a transparent, effective relationship with the Board of Directors by supporting the board’s activities, implementing Board-approved policies, and reporting on the condition of the Association and its achievement of strategic initiatives.
- Provides counsel to individual member CEOs and health centers as needed.
- Helps the centers provide a broad range of healthcare that’s innovative and futuristic.
- Provides services outside of healthcare that contribute to the mission of the centers.
How to Apply