The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is an innovative thinker who provides leadership to Family Centers’ team of finance professionals. Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the Executive Team, the CFO is responsible for strategy development, direction and management of the organization’s financial planning and practices, including accounting, budgeting, reporting, revenue management, accounts receivable and audits. S/he will work directly with the CEO, the Board of Directors and its Finance and Audit Committees to formulate solid financial strategic plans. The CFO will produce accurate and timely financial reports, which will be used to support organizational decisions and maintain financially responsible operations. Additionally, the CFO will oversee the audit process and ensure adherence to all city, state, federal and private funders/regulators. The CFO values the vision, mission, and strategic direction of Family Centers, and will ensure that the agency meets the highest standards of fiduciary responsibilities and service to the agency’s Board, senior staff and program staff.
- Relevant graduate degree required with a minimum of 10 years’ proven experience overseeing an organization’s finance/accounting department
- History of successful financial leadership experience, with an emphasis on incorporating innovation, strategy and global innovation
- Familiarity with state and federal grant requirements
- Excellent analytical and accounting skills
- Proven experience in change management, business process redesign, and systems implementation
- Experience working with an engaged and committed Board of Directors and financially-minded subcommittees
- Able to see the big picture and add value to new business development/forecasting and expansion considerations
- Strong strategic, decisive, analytical skills and capable leader who brings a sophisticated and resourceful approach to his/her role and responsibilities
- Ability to provide guidance on all accounting and GAAP related issues, thus insuring compliance with all applicable Federal and CT rules and regulations
- Creative problem-solver
- Exceptional listening and communication skills
- Skilled manager, mentor and team leader
- The highest commitment to professionalism and integrity.
- A passion for helping others
CPA strongly preferred
Knowledge of health care financial management and billing systems
Understanding of the complex not- for- profit setting and reimbursement structures.
Experience with relevant accounting software, tax credit financing and development
How to Apply