The Bookkeeper, is an essential member of CHCACT’s finance team, comprised of the Sr. Finance Manager, Finance Manager I, & the Chief Finance Officer. Together the team is responsible for the processing of grant accounting and financial reporting that effectively supports all of CHCACT’s programs, while complying with regulations and prudent fiscal practices. This position supports the team in managing the day-to-day financial activities, as well as assisting the team with various projects. This position is responsible for a range of duties associated with all activities related to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, drawdowns, opening and closing purchase orders, procurement processing, and recording day to day financial transactions.
- Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Developing Standards, Analyzing Information, Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills, Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use computers and office equipment, manipulate documents and move about the office. Significant time is spent viewing computer screens. The employee may occasionally move materials up to 20 pounds.
The position requires the ability to read, and interpret and communicate information in English.
MENTAL DEMANDS AND REASONING ABILITIES:
Job requires intense attention to detail in completing work tasks, particularly with reviewing budgets. The ability to evaluate information and use logic to address accounting issues and problems is required. Able to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
The incumbent regularly performs work in an office environment. Travel may be required for meetings and site visits to FQHCs, but is less than 10%.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. The Association reserves the right to modify, change or add to the position’s job duties and responsibilities as business needs may require.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
This position is part-time and not eligible for benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit resume & cover letter to:
Luci Goodwin, CHCACT, 1484 Highland Avenue, Suite 2, Cheshire, CT 06410, or via facsimile (203) 250-0040, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org