Looking to be part of a growing, non-profit, community-minded organization and 2017 Top Workplace in CT? UCFS is the employer for you. United Community and Family Service is looking for a Parent educator to join our Parenting Support Services Program. Parenting Support Services is an evidenced based model that empowers parents to become solution focused and reflective of their own parenting style. Parenting Support Services is looking for an energetic team player to join our program Full Time. This is home based work with flexible hours in New London County. The population of families is considered low to moderate risk. Parent Educators use the Circle of Security model to aid their clients. Bilingual Spanish speaking applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process initial referral with clients and referring agents, complete intake and assessment per specific program protocols and time frames.
- Process required questionnaires with parents; utilize questionnaire outcome data and parent observations to determine individualized Parenting Support services per curriculum standards.
- Attends weekly home based sessions to meet family’s needs.
- Assesses family’s case management needs; utilize Triple P process to engage parents in problem solving unmet needs.
- Participates in monthly DCF case conferences and other provider meetings as required.
- Maintains documentation per Scope of Service and agency requirements.
- Schedules home visit observations with supervisor per program standard.
- Participates in peer-to-peer support sessions twice per month.
- Enters data into required system per program requirements.
Travel 20% – 40% due to location of clients or frequency of face-to-face hours with clients and required full caseloads numbers.
- Education and Experience
- AS in Human Services with a PSS Certification approved by funder or BSW/BA/BS in Human Services field
- Circle of Security training will be required
- 0-3 months experience
- Certification trainings, written and role play exams.
- Must have flexible schedule
- Bilingual English & Spanish speaking required.
How to Apply
United Community and Family Services