APRN/PA summary of duties:
- Provides comprehensive primary health care including health promotion and disease prevention activities for CHS patients
- Provides specialized care to a specific population based on the department assigned in collaboration with department physicians
- Refer patients to consultants for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment procedures when not personally qualified
- Generally acts as health advocate for assigned patients
- Obtains complete medical history and physical data. Reviews patient records.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Administers medication and injections. Sutures minor lacerations as applicable.
- Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
- Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posts tests and examination results. Triages patient’s telephone calls and provides consultation.
- Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
- Fulfills HRSA and health center productivity standards.
- Observe all infection control procedures.
- Follow established health center procedures for patient billing and reimbursement.
- Reports any discrepancies, irregularities, and/or violations involving clinical care, administrative procedure, billing issues, or other Health
- Center protocols to their immediate supervisor and/or the CMO.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintain professional competence by completing appropriate specialty requirements of CME. Maintains current certifications and licenses.
- When applicable (ex: OBGYN department), rounding at the hospital as agreed upon by the providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Community Health Services