Position Title: Advanced Practical Registered Nurse-APRN Job Code: MED02
Reports to: Practice Physician/Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Date: March 2013
FLSA Status: Exempt Revised: January 2014 (ADA)
Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide clinical services; assumes client care responsibilities inclusive of professional diagnosis and prescribing and/or administering treatment; applies medical knowledge and skills to the process of diagnosis, prevention and treatment of illnesses; offering treatment options and input to treatment plan as a part of a multi-disciplinary team of case managers, therapists, nurses and program managers. Other duties include consultation regarding diagnosis and treatment to other agency staff or to community partners including emergency room and local MDs, and participation in authorization of medical necessity and other utilization management duties.
Essential Position Duties
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Perform various procedures including, but not limited to:
- Administer injections
- Perform and/or assist minor surgical procedures
- Obtain PAP smears, genital, wound and other cultures as indicated
- Obtain EKG tracings
- Perform phlebotomy
- Irrigate, stain eye for foreign bodies, abrasions.
7. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
8. Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
9. Performs miscellaneous duties as required by management.
10. Must maintain appropriate attendance.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA).
- Participates in required orientation and training programs, as required.
- Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance in accordance with COHC Compliance Re porting Process.
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated clinical competence in and an in-depth knowledge of cardiovascular nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communications among and with nursing and other health disciplines; demonstrated ability to communicate to large groups of health professionals.
- Must demonstrate and maintain knowledge and competency in providing care for patients in adolescent, adult and/or age groups
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements
- Registered Nurse in the State of CT, with Masters Degree in Nursing.
- Two years experience in ambulatory care setting preferred.
- Board Certification as an APRN
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification in specialty area
- Current CNOR/CRNFA (if applicable) certification
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS); CPR certified
How to Apply
Charter Oak Health Center