What is the CHCACT AmeriCorps Program?
- Health-focused AmeriCorps program
- Members are placed at Health Centers throughout Connect and CHCACT
- October 2017 program start date
- 9-12 months, 40 hours/week
What will CHCACT AmeriCorps Members do?
- Case management & referrals
- Patient navigation & enrollment services
- Outreach & health education
- Program research & development
- Community service projects
- Training and group development
What’s in it for me?
- $12,630 living allowance
- $5,815 education award
- Student loan forbearance
- Health insurance (if eligible)
- Child care (if eligible)
- Training opportunities & career advancement
What do I need to qualify?
- 18+ years of age
- High school diploma or GED, or in the process of getting GED
- U.S. Resident, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Reliable transportation
- Pluses: Spanish-speaking, experience in health care
Where will I be placed?
You will be placed in one of the following locations: Bridgeport, Cheshire, Danbury, East Hartford, New Haven, Norwalk, Norwich, Torrington, or Waterbury.
I am interested in the program. Who do I contact?
Andrew Oravecz (AOravecz@chcact.org) via email or call 860.667.7820 with any other questions or for more information.
How to Apply
Please submit resume & cover letter to:
Andrew Oravecz, CHCACT, 1484 Highland Avenue, Suite 2, Cheshire, CT 06410, or via facsimile (203) 250-0040, or via email at email@example.com
Bridgeport, Cheshire, Danbury, East Hartford, Hartford, New Haven, Norwalk, Norwich, Torrington, Waterbury